- We take responsibility - Take up complex issues - Ensure high availability - Single point of contact
We have many years of experience with transitions from organizations to Cloud solutions. If you want to know more about this, please contact us.
We have many years of experience with IT security for various companies. If you want to know more about this, please contact us.
Most companies are driven by digitalization pressure rather than a desire to take control of their own Digital Development.
- We take responsibility - Take up complex issues - Ensure high availability - Single point of contact
We ensure end-to-end service availability by taking operational responsibility and providing dedicated service management. We guarantee your continuity in business processes;
Our top-rated consultants have extensive experience and know-how. They are ready to help you maximize the business value of your solution.
Basefarm’s POWERCloud Platform offers unmatched performance and resilience for databases and applications running either on AIX, i/OS or Linux. The platform is, as the name suggests, built on cloud principles with state-of-the-art elasticity and flexibility – yet does not compromise on technical security (EAL4+), legal regulations and raw application/database performance.
Due to several extra features on the infrastructure level, which secures reliability, availability and serviceability, we do offer a bit higher SLA on this platform than our other platforms. Our POWERCloud will run a wide range of applications, but is exceptionally well at handling heavy databases and Java applications that require high and steady system throughput. Because of the high clock frequency on CPU’s, low latency architecture and no overhead virtualization layer it often outperforms other platforms when it comes to response times.
Since the platform is built for market leading performance, core-based licenses will typically benefit from this, due to lower occupied processor cores than on other platforms.
Oracle databases will typically have a license saving on 30-50%, which in most cases is significant.
Also, the POWERCloud is particularly good at running applications for big data, analytics and ERP, such as Hadoop, Cognos, SAP, etc. The platform could also host hybrid HPC environments (High Performance Computing) and even work as a platform where you could offload certain workloads from your main HPC environment, which may be running a different and less effective hardware architecture for that specific workload.
Our POWERCloud is built on IBM Power8 infrastructure and is connected to different types of storage with different characteristics. The software can be virtualized or not, depending on the most optimal license conditions for your application and performance requirements. The hypervisor used is specifically known for minimum overhead, which means that you would actually benefit from the flexibility on virtualization without losing practically any performance on even the heaviest Oracle installations or analytics tools.
Basefarm’s POWERCloud is compatible with applications that run on AIX, Linux and i/OS; all with different advantages, but with the same platform characteristics – unmatched performance, throughput and market leading reliability for scale-up set ups.
The IBM Power platform has several options for management, and with PowerVM and AIX Enterprise Editions these 3 layers of hardware, virtualization and cloud management include:
Our two-hour “How to Cloud Workshop” is completely free of charge. We at Basefarm want all companies to have the most optimal environment so you can continue to develop innovative services that improve customer experience. You are the experts in your business and we are experts in running business critical applications on any platform.
Basefarm’s truly unique approach ensures we analyse our customers’ cloud and hybrid cloud needs, facilitate building of applications in public cloud or on premise, and run a true hybrid infrastructure platform, ensuring a fully managed end-to-end approach for our customers.
With ong experience of mission critical workload, we are known for our strong set of multi cloud competencies, helping you to achieve your business ambitions.
In a landscape where innovation is the only way to maintain competitive advantage, we are determined to stay at the forefront of innovative technologies driving digital transformation for businesses across varied industries.
For companies who are looking for the perfect balance between stability and innovation, the choice is simple:
Basefarm. Perfectly Balanced Cloud Solutions.
Cloud strategy: Advisory Workshop
Consultancy, Architecture and Implementation
Guided, Frontline and Platform Operations
With its headquarters in Trondheim, Norway, Q-Free is an international company with more than 30 years of experience delivering intelligent solutions within the transportation sector.
“As we always seek new ways to release functionality and system improvements faster than our competitors, Q-Free has over time seen the need to change from a hardware to a solution focus, As the transport systems of most global cities have reached capacity, we need to make it as easy as possible for our clients to process the high quality data from our sensors and incorporate it into their operational decision making, and thus improve and even redesign how traffic flows.”
Speak to one of our specialists to find out how the Basefarm’s Perfectly Balanced Solutions can benefit your business.
www.basefarm.nl | +31 20 4066 466
Let’s get social:
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds:
1. What are cookies?
By using the website you consent to that Basefarm stores cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer while you are browsing a website.
Cookies are also used to collect information on how the website is used. In addition, with our cooperation partners we collect anonymous information of which browsers that visit the website to show relevant advertising (interest based advertising).
1.3 Manage your cookies
Most browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies. By changing your browser’s settings you can choose between accepting cookies, receiving information when a cookie is placed, or blocking cookies. The way to manage cookies may differ between browsers, but normally the menu is reached through tools or alternatives. If you decide to block Basefarm’s cookies, this may limit the functionality of the website.
You can find more information about cookies and how to delete or block cookies on the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
1.4 More detailed information
Pardot, visitor_id128211, lpv128211
2. Data controller Basefarm AS, reg. no. 982 211 743, Nydalen Allé 37a, 0484 Oslo, Norway, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Norwegian and English versions of the website. Basefarm AB, reg. no. 556638-0639, Sveavägen 159, 113 46 Stockholm, Sweden, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Swedish version of the website. Basefarm BV reg. no. [•], Beechavenue 106, 1119 PP Schiphol-Rijk, Netherlands, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Dutch version of the website. The aforementioned Basefarm entities are collectively referred to as “Basefarm” in the following. You will find Basefarm’s contact information under section 10.
4. What data may Basefarm collect? The personal data Basefarm may collect includes information about your name and contact details such as address, telephone number and e-mail address, company and any other information you provide. If you apply for a job at Basefarm, Basefarm will process your CV as well as any other information you attach with your application.
5. How does Basefarm process personal data? The personal data collected by Basefarm is used to manage customer relations, assess potential employees and assist customers and website visitors with any requests or inquiries made on the website. The information may also be used for monitoring and development of Basefarm’s business and website, for example by analyzing statistics of website visitors, and to protect Basefarm’s rights. If you apply for a job, Basefarm only uses your personal data for the purposes for which you provided the information. However, Basefarm may save interesting applications even after the recruitment period is over. Such applications may also be transferred to other entities within the Basefarm group.
6. To whom may Basefarm disclose the information? Basefarm will not sell, lease or otherwise transfer any personal data collected to a third party. Basefarm may however transfer the personal data to other companies within the Basefarm group or to business partners if it is necessary to fulfil its obligations towards you.
Personal data may be disclosed if it is necessary to: a) Comply with applicable law, regulation or similar or to comply with a legal process, request or order from an executive authority; b) Defend Basefarm’s legal interests; or to c) Detect, prevent, or otherwise avoid fraud, security breaches or technical issues.
7. Links to external websites Basefarm’s website may contain links to third-party websites. Basefarm is not responsible for the processing of your personal data on such websites.
8. Amendments If this policy is amended, Basefarm will publish the amended policy at www.basefarm.com with information about when the amendments will enter into force. If Basefarm carry out any significant changes to the policy, Basefarm may choose to inform by e-mail or by publishing a message on the website.
9. The right to information and recifications You have the right to require information about what personal data Basefarm is processing about you and for what purposes. You are also entitled to have any incomplete or inaccurate data rectified, erased or blocked. Please see the contact information in section 10 should you have any questions about how Basefarm processes your personal data.
10. Basefarm’s contact information If you have any questions relating to Basefarm’s processing of personal data, or if you want to invoke your right to access data, please contact relevant Basefarm entity on the address set out below: Norway/Global: Basefarm AS PO Box 4488 Nydalen 0403 Oslo Sweden: Basefarm AB Sveavägen 159 113 46 Stockholm Netherlands: Basefarm BV Beechavenue 106 1119 PP Schiphol-Rijk
11. Security measures Basefarm has taken the organizational and technical security measures required to protect personal data against unauthorized access, modification and deletion.
Keep in touch with us - we’re aware that your inbox is a sacred place, and we’ve, built this page to put you in control.
With your email registration you are accepting that Basefarm is storing your personal data information and is using it to administrate your registration. We would like to send you personal emails with company news, content, invitation to events, webinars, reports, offerings, product and service information. Please check the boxes below what kind of personal information you would like to receive from us.
I am hereby giving consent that Basefarm is sending me emails on following topics: